A quick guide to Dresnerworld

The main page at https://dresnerworld.edublogs.org is structured like a blog, with the most recent postings at the top. I will use it for announcements, handouts, recommendations of interesting things to read and extra credit opportunities. If you use an RSS feed reader, you can follow the blog that way; otherwise, it’s a good idea to check in every few days.

There are also some stable pages which will be useful resources, most of which can be accessed through the tabs in the blog header. The “hist 102 (spring 2010)” tab contains the complete course schedule, including links to assignments, policies, handouts, etc. You can find the syllabus through that page, or through the “syllabi” tab. If there are changes to the schedule or assignments, I will announce them in class, on the blog, and I will change the schedule (but the syllabus will remain unchanged); in the event of a discrepancy between the syllabus and schedule (the result of a schedule change or other unforseen circumstance), the schedule is to be considered the authoritative source.

I recommend that you read the syllabus before class on Friday — I will not be distributing paper copies of the syllabus, or most of the assignments and handouts; if you need a paper copy, you are free to print them out yourself — and I will be happy to answer any questions about it at that point.

I also recommend that you get hold of the textbook as soon as possible. You will be expected to have read the first chapter by next Friday (the 22nd of January).

See you Friday!